Doing Everything But Eyeglasses During COVID
During the continuing pandemic, we are all taking extra care to keep everyone safe and healthy, and some of the interactions you are accustomed to at Focused Eye Care have changed. Please read ALL of the following carefully – it should help ease any discomfort you may experience during your interactions with us.
When you arrive at Focused Eye Care about your eyeglasses, we ask that you:
- Text or Call 603-882-0311 to let us know you are here.
- Wait in your car or in the designated area to the right of our entry door.
We will contact you as quickly as possible to come to the door when we can let you in. Please watch your dots if you wait outside in the designated area.
If you arrive unannounced with an EYE EMERGENCY, please Text or Call 603-882-0311 IMMEDIATELY.
If you have otherwise arrived without an appointment, our helping you now will depend on what you need. We can currently accommodate fewer people in all areas of the practice than we usually do – we may have to ask you to come back with an appointment.
Masks Are Required When You Are Inside!!
If you arrive at the practice without a mask, one will be provided for you at the door, and it must be worn while you are inside our offices. This requirement applies to everyone entering Focused Eye Care, for any reason.
If you do not wish to wear a mask, you will be politely asked to leave the premises, and to re-schedule your appointment / time with us until such time as you are willing to wear a mask, or until there are no further directives to do so from any governmental agencies and the doctors at Focused Eye Care are comfortable with suspending the requirement.
We Will Take Your Temperature When You Arrive
We use a non-contact thermometer that takes your temperature at your forehead. Anyone with a temperature reading above 100.3 degrees may be asked to reschedule for later date.
These are guidelines and time considerations for most interactions at Focused Eye Care:
Scheduled Vision Appointments
Our comprehensive eye exams can take up to an hour, and we usually dilate your pupils, so you may have to give yourself even more time before you drive.
- After you have called or texted us and been called to the door to come inside, we may temporarily seat you in a waiting area while we finish disinfecting from a previous appointment.
- Unless the doctor asks you to temporarily lower your mask during some point in your exam, please keep your mask over your nose and mouth at all times.
- When your exam is completed, if you are going to the Optical Shop, your tech will coordinate with the Opticians before you enter that area. If there will be a short wait, we will have you sit in a designated area until an Optician can see you.
- If the wait will be longer than you can comfortably accommodate, we will coordinate an Optical Shop appointment for you, at as soon a date as possible.
Appointment for Dry Eye treatments with our LipiFLow or Optima IPL techs usually take about 30 minutes.
- As with exam appointments, once you have been brought inside, we may seat you for a short time in a waiting area while we disinfect and prepare the equipment.
- When your treatment is complete, the tech will bring you out to the reception area for payment or billing arrangements.
Scheduled Contact Lens Appointments
Contact lens fittings may take from 30 to 90 minutes, depending on whether this is your first contact lens experience, your prescription has changed, or you are changing lens types.
- As with other appointments, once you have been brought inside, we may seat you for a short time in a waiting area, until our Contact Lens Specialist can bring you back to that area.
- When your lens appointment is complete, we will bring you out to the reception area for payment or billing arrangements.
Other Scheduled Appointments
Appointments are scheduled with Dr. Cynthia DeAngelis for medically-indicated eye conditions, and can vary greatly in length of time needed. Please see the guidelines for Scheduled Treatments
Purchasing / Picking Up Contacts, Vitamins, Solutions & Other Eye Care Items
Focused Eye Care maintains online stores for Contacts and Eye Care Items. You can order from either of these store sites and have items sent directly to your home. You can also purchase and/or pick up these items here.
- If you need to come inside to make a purchase, please call or text and then we will call you to the door when we can maintain safety and social distancing while you make your purchase.
- If you have made and paid for your purchase and are just picking up, call or text us with the details and we will bring your items out to you at the door.
To Make an Appointment
The easiest ways to make an appointment with us are by calling 603-882-0311 or making your Appointment Online.
- If you need to come inside to make an appointment, please call or text and then we will call you to the door when we can maintain safety and social distancing while you do so.
We hope we have covered all the bases, but it’s possible we have not. If you do not see the reason for your coming to Focused Eye Care today listed above, please call or text us and we will do our best to provide guidance.
The coronavirus pandemic continues to affect people across the world. At Focused Eye Care, we are determined that it will have as little negative effect on our patients, staff and doctors as possible. We will err on the side of caution in this regard.
We continue to do all we can to keep everyone safe and healthy. Thank you for your understanding, patience and cooperation.
Your Focused Eye Care Team
Information for interacting with Focused Eye Care for your eyeglasses is available HERE.