Getting Your Eyeglasses During COVID
During the continuing pandemic, we are all taking extra care to keep everyone safe and healthy, and some of the interactions you are accustomed to at Focused Eye Care have changed. Please read ALL of the following carefully – it should help ease any discomfort you may experience during your interactions with us.
When you arrive at Focused Eye Care about your eyeglasses, we ask that you:
- Text or Call 603-882-0311 to let us know you are here.
- Wait in your car or in the designated area to the left of our entry door.
We will contact you as quickly as possible to come to the door when we can let you in. Please watch your dots if you wait outside in the designated area.
If you arrive unannounced with an EYE EMERGENCY, please Text or Call 603-882-0311 IMMEDIATELY.
If you have otherwise arrived without an appointment, our helping you now will depend on what you need. We can currently accommodate fewer people in the Optical area than we usually do – we may have to ask you to come back with an appointment.
Masks Are Required When You Are Inside!!
If you arrive at the practice without a mask, one will be provided for you at the door, and it must be worn while you are inside our offices. This requirement applies to everyone entering Focused Eye Care, for any reason.
If you do not wish to wear a mask, you will be politely asked to leave the premises, and to re-schedule your appointment / time with us until such time as you are willing to wear a mask, or until there are no further directives to do so from any governmental agencies and the doctors at Focused Eye Care are comfortable with suspending the requirement.
We Will Take Your Temperature When You Arrive
We use a non-contact thermometer that takes your temperature at your forehead. Anyone with a temperature reading above 100.3 degrees may be asked to reschedule for later date.
These are the tasks and time considerations for our Optical shop:
Taking Measurements & Choosing Frames
This takes the longest amount of time, and cannot be done without an appointment. After you call or text when you arrive, as soon as we can bring you inside we will notify you and come meet you at the front door.
- We may temporarily seat you in a small designated waiting area while we finish disinfecting from a previous appointment.
- We can only accommodate one person for each appointment unless it is for a minor child, with one parent.
- We will ask that you remain seated while consulting with your Optician, who will bring your frame selections to you. (This is because we cannot effectively follow you and keep track of all the frames you touch; and we must set aside all handled but unchosen frames for thorough disinfecting after your appointment.)
Edging (cutting your lenses to fit your frames)
When your prescription has changed but you want to keep your frames, we “edge” your new lenses to fit your frames. This can be done as a drop-off/pick-up, or while you wait (approximately 30 minutes but up to an hour if we are very busy). In either case, you should make an appointment.
- If you have another pair of glasses, can see well enough, and prefer to do a drop-off and return for pick-up, call or text when arrive and an Optician will come out to get your glasses. We will call or text you when they are ready for pick-up.
- If you prefer to wait, the same process applies, but you can wait in your car or outside in the designated waiting area until we notify you that your glasses are ready.
Dispensing Your Glasses (and adjusting fit, if needed)
We are currently doing as many appointments for dispensing and adjustment eyeglasses at curbside as possible, but try to accommodate when the weather will not cooperate. Most adjustments, if needed, take only a few minutes.
- When you call or text, an Optician will come out with your glasses as soon as possible, stay with you, and make any minor adjustments necessary for your comfort.
- If the weather seems to deem it necessary, we have a small designated area inside where we can do fittings and adjustments by appointment.
- Your Optician will also provide you with our Eyewear Care brochure, your prescription details, your frame details and warranty, and answer any questions you may have.
Repair Drop-off or Pick-up
These are the easiest and least time-consuming tasks we do, since they are simple exchanges of your glasses.
- If you are dropping off, you have told us in advance that you are coming, and what repairs you need, and an Optician will come out to get your glasses and confirm your repair need.
- If you are picking up your repaired glasses, when you call text us upon arrival, an Optician will meet you at the front door with your new glasses and make sure that everything is fine.
The coronavirus pandemic continues to affect people across the world. At Focused Eye Care, we are determined that it will have as little negative effect on our patients, staff and doctors as possible. We will err on the side of caution in this regard.
We continue to do all we can to keep everyone safe and healthy. Thank you for your understanding, patience and cooperation.
Your Focused Eye Care Team
Information for interacting with Focused Eye Care for any other reason than for your eyeglasses is available HERE.